The biggest headache for conference and event’s organisers is finding a place where people aren’t going to head off on their own in small groups.
It’s really important to forge a group spirit with no outside influence.
That’s what makes Bonamanzi Game Reserve so ideal – top class facilities and loads for delegates to do in their leisure time.
At Bonamanzi Game Reserve we understand that there is nothing worse than sitting around all day in a conference, eating, drinking and feeling sluggish after getting no exercise for two or three days.
So, to keep your group bright eyed and responsive during the day, we lay on plenty of energetic and enjoyable activities.
Bonamanzi Crocodile Feeding Show
Find yourselves fascinated by our amazing crocodile feeding show, informative and intriguing – guests may participate safely by choice.
The Boat Cruise
Is a guided boat cruise on the Hluhluwe River accompanied by very knowledgeable guides who will teach the group so much about the area and famous birdlife in a fun way. Guests can sit in groups of three and participate in a quiz about the area and the wildlife they encounter enroute with prizes for the winning team.
The Game Drives
Traverse the wilderness in our custom built open vehicles for your Twilight Game Drive through our Big 4 Game Reserve, with your professional and passionate rangers and trackers.
Stop along the way for a Sundowner in the magnificent Fever Tree Forest.
The Bush Braai
Enjoy an evening under the stars, illuminated by candles and a roaring fire, alongside our Dini zulu Dam complete with an interactive Zulu Dancing Extravaganza, prizes for the best dancers – judged by the competitors and the dance troupe themselves.
‘Minute To Win It’ Cocktail Challenge
A fantastic alternate to physical team building and a sure way to get the party started. A low impact challenging event based on the popular TV series of the same name. Hilarious tasks await contestants as they compete head to head for their team.
Survivor meets Indiana Jones. Challenges during the event include:
• Zulu Drumming
• Zulu Spear Throwing
• Inflatable bridge, raft or tower construction
• Activity course including spiders web, team ski, tube golf, giant maze and magic carpet
• high speed radio control car racing
• Garmin GPS orienteering challenge
• Art challenge
• Giant puzzles
“Ultimate Potjie Master”
Get transported via 4 X 4 Game Viewers out into the bush to enjoy an afternoon, alongside our Dini zulu Dam preparing the Ultimate South African Dish.
As the day fades into an evening under the stars, illuminated by candles and a roaring fire. Prepare for an interactive Zulu Dancing Extravaganza, prizes for the best dancers – judged by the competitors and the dance troupe themselves
The format of the event is as follows:
• Team build group is divided into teams.
• Potjie pots, fires, ingredients are provided.
• Full briefing is given regarding the rules to be followed.
• The extensive range of ingredients, sauces, herbs etc provides teams with the freedom to prepare the potjie to their specification.
• Teams are required to explain up-front what their potjies will taste like on completion.
• Judging follows strict culinary guidelines, contestants are judged according to taste, presentation and consistency.
On the completion of judging the potjies are laid out and the delegates may choose which Potjie to eat.